2012/06/08

EURO 2012 Euphoria. Welcome to Ukraine!

Today is the long-awaited day of EURO 2012 Championship opening. Ta-dah!
10 years ago when I was in Teen Missions camp here in Ukraine, we had the team from America. Cute kids. What surprised me most is that the majority of them thought that Ukraine was a part of Russia, a kind of region or something like that. Most of them seemed heard nothing about Ukraine prior their coming here. What I'm trying to say is that for the last 10 years I think people from abroad realized that Ukraine is a separate independent country, which is now capable of hosting the European Football Championship! It sounds great, so let it be (let the Ukrainians keep the whole truth).


These pictures were taken when UEFA Champions League Trophy was brought to Kiev (May 11). Unfortunately my sister couldn't make her way through the crowd of fans and onlookers and take close-up pictures.

The Tropy is inside that plastic tent.

You could read some information about the Championship and the Trophy.

A huge inflatable UEFA Champions League Trophy.

Football fans are numerous!
P.S. Did you know that chestnut flowers can be of pink color? I didn't. I have never been to Kiev when chestnuts are in bloom.But that species of chestnut trees are found in Khreshchatyk Street:



No comments:

Post a Comment