2012/09/06

Enjoy Ukrainian Music: Flit Band

Tastes differ but rock is the best music! In case of Flit this is actually punk rock.

As far as I decided to reveal everything about Ukraine, I simply can't omit the music aspect. But this is not going to be the Ukrainian folk music, which can be sometimes boring so I'm afraid lest you snore in the middle of a song. Let me better share what is MY favorite Ukrainian music and I would like to start with one of Ukrainian bands - Flit. The song I love (one of many) is Kolyskova (Lullaby).




I never inquired what the name 'Flit' means before I started to write this post, lol. What I found is that it comes from English! It means 'a remedy against pests'. Do you have one?
This is an old song released in 2006, now there is a new leader singer in the band but I like this one more.

Hope this will be the music to your ears!

P.S. You know, it's incredibly hard to translate the song into other language without breaking its charisma, on the other hand it can be uncomfortable to listen to it without having even the ghost of an idea what it is about. Please, pardon my translation which is far from being perfectly in rhythm or better say completely out of it:

Sleep, my sweet child,
And I'll tell you, my baby,
About how tender grass tickles me
And that I'm so sad that you've broken your little arm.

Let not the freak come into your dream, let not it scare you to tears.
This is my lullaby, that's because I love you.

Refrain:
You are my flashlight, your smile is shining in the pitch dark
Wrap into your dreams, turn to the wall let not the daybreak blind you.

Sleep, my sweet baby,
Don't play stupid games with me,
The birds are sleeping in the pond, fish are sleeping in the garden (yes, they are singing right this way)
The only you, my little deer, are awake and crying severely.
Refrain

-->
P.P.S. This is probably my first and last translation of the song, it looks like I'm spoiling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment