2012/09/18

Khutir Nadia: Inside the Museums


This post is the continuation of the previous one so as I've already mentioned (have I?) there are two museums in the park which are quite exciting for visiting even though I'm not a museum monger.
The first one is the house where the master of theatrical art Iwan Karpenko-Kary (Tobilevich) lived, it resembled my grandgranny's house, yes people really lived that way in Ukraine. So here it is:


A living room.

A study with lots of candleholders on the table.

A bedroom. Only beds belonged to the family, the rest is here to create the atmosphere.
The second museum is 'Choreography Art History Museum' and when I stepped inside and saw a variety of costumes I indeed believed this is art.








They are only a part of all, in fact there are many of them but I picked some to give you an impression of how they look.
There are also the awards won by Ukrainian troupes, this shoe was the cutest
And of course the pictures of dancers and choreographers, but as far as I know little about choreography art history - I must admit I'm a fan of So You Think You Can Dance tv show Ukrainian version, sorry for sidetracking - I reckon you may know even less, so let's omit them. Oh, but this one is my favorite:
It was taken in 1935, when Ukrainian dancers took the main prize at the International Festival of Folk Dance in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment