2012/09/22

Looks Like Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs (Restyling)


Bacon and eggs is just another name for a 'full breakfast' and as far as I know is a traditional English and Irish food, just like borsch in Ukraine. But in course of time it went far behind the borders of its country and is now liked by many people, including my husband who loves bacon and eggs with all his heart. Well, when cooked often this dish can get boring over time (at least for me to cook it), so today I tried to serve it differently, the way you can see on a picture. Yummy!

Though my blog is primarily devoted to anything concerning Ukraine including Ukrainian traditional food where bacon and eggs are not in the list of the latter, but I liked it so much that I decided to sidetrack and share the recipe. If that's the tendency, I should think over renaming the blog, haha.

So if you have a little bit of extra time and a desire to diversify your meals, you can do the same. What you need is (for two servings):
250 grams of frozen puff pastry
80-100 grams of cheese
4 eggs
4-6 slices of bacon
fresh herbs if you like them

Take two square pieces of pastry for the bottom

Grease them with egg yolk from one of eggs, salt and bake for 15-20 minutes. When cooked put some grated cheese and let it melt.

While the base is baking you can make an omelette to your liking. I put herbs and spices, but you can put there whatever you have at hands: paprika, onion, tomatos, mashrooms, etc.

When the bottom with melted cheese on top is in the plate already, put bacon and then omelette above. Cover it with grated cheese again. Enjoy!

It tastes delicious when it's hot and one serving is large enough to be completely full!

No comments:

Post a Comment