2012/05/04

Kiev University's Botanical Garden: Full of Magnolias

There are two botanical gardens in Kiev: Gryshko garden and University's BG. I was only in University's botanical garden so I'll tell you about it.
It's quite small and it has sense to visit it only from 25th April to 4th May, the period when magnolias are blooming. There are only these beautiful trees there, at least I haven't seen others. But there are many of them in one place and you can see different specious of them.

You can go there by subway to the station "University"; when you go out, the garden is right behind you, just go downstairs when you notice ones. When we were there we simply followed the crowd:)
Unfortunately, that time I didn't know I'll write this blog and took only some pictures of pink magnolia, next time I promise to take more. Here they are:



They smell good, some don't) And again, as I've told you that there are many playgrounds for kids, there is the one also. So if you're traveling with one or two active little ones, you can have a rest on the bench after the photo session with these beautiful flowers while your offspings will be exploring the playground.
Oh, forgot to tell you - no fee is demanded! A good news for budget-minded travelers:)
Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment