2012/05/01

Welcome here!

Hello,
this is my first post and I think I should explain why on Earth there is another blog in a huge army of them. So, this is the reason: to equip those who want to travel to Ukraine with tips, advices, pictures and whatnot about this country in case you decide to come here (are you that crazy person?:)) and just share my opinion on what places are best for visiting. I don't want this blog ends up making you bored with it so I'll try to show what I like or don't like about my country without exaggeration. You may consider all this but it's of course up to you to decide where and in what way you can effectively spend your vacation. Still I hope it will somehow help you to learn more about Ukraine as far as I'm a native resident of it.



Here I plan to add pictures from different parts of Ukraine I visited and still plan to visit, to write some news or facts you may be interested in. You can ask questions if you have any and I'll try to answer them right here.

And here is the first fact for you: today is the 1st of May, the International Worker's Day or May Day. We celebrate it here by not working actually. The 2nd of May is a holiday as well (don't know why). There can be a kind of parade and fair in larger cities but majority of people like to spend it with their families and friends either in amusement parks, visiting relatives, travelling or making picnics. It's a good time to visit Ukraine: not too hot and not already cold. Everything is blooming here. Last year I travelled to Kiev and I'll show you the pictures later, this year I spent it at home.
I think it's enough for my first post, so stay tuned for updates!

P.S. I was pleasantly shocked when I discovered there are thousands of tourists annually travelling to Ukraine from different parts of the world. I thought they might rather want to sunbath on a sandy beach sipping exotic fruit cocktail, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment